Saturday, March 22, 2014

Hypothyroid or Hypochondria??



I have been having many many symptoms of hypothyroidism and Hashimoto's. I never thought about it until my mom sent me a video link about thyroid issues and as soon as I watched it, it was like an immediate feeling that I had that. I went to a dr after researching some stuff and the dr did not end up testing me for all the necessary things it sometimes takes to get an accurate diagnosis. She tested my TSH which came in as "normal" according to the lab, however, after doing some digging, I found out the normal range is very very broad and many people that are suffering with this disease have normal or close to "normal" TSH numbers but are still experiencing many symptoms! Myself included!! So here's a list of MY symptoms that have been occuring that could all be linked to hypothyroidism and Hashimoto's:

-fatigue
-migraines/headaches
-depression (have been taking Zoloft for awhile now)
-feeling cold (my nose, feet, and hands are always cold!!)
-dry skin
-dry, brittle hair
-psoriasis on my scalp, knees, feet
-tingling in my wrists, hands, fingers (I thought I had carpel tunnel)
-weight gain
-eye twitching
-heavy periods
-waking up feeling tired after sleeping soundly all night
-recurrent miscarriages
-swollen tongue
-TMJ, teeth clenching (I have this bad!)
-dry eyes (I can no longer wear contact lenses b/c of this)
-acne
-hairloss (on front of my head)
-eyebrows are disappearing at outer edges
-kidney stones
-postpartum depression
-low basal body temp (I know this from all the TTC charting I did)
-brain fog (I noticed that my mind just does not function like it used to. I used to never feel like this)
-high cholestrol
-extremely low vitamin D level
-low level of B12
-foot pain
-knee pain

Okay people....this is just my list of symptoms that I have started noticing all tie into this disease. I sometimes feel crazy, but hopefully I will get some sort of answer when I get my lab results back. Here is where I ordered my lab from: 

https://www.privatemdlabs.com/lab_tests.php?view=category_result

I will update when I get my new lab test results. Hopefully Monday or Tuesday!!

0 comments: